Virtual Folder Filtering Problem
Started by CWBillow

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
CWBillow

180 posts 78 threads Joined: Dec 2004
08-13-2006, 12:38 AM -
I have a virtual folder that points to my cookie manager.

First, I pointed the VF to the Start Menu Shortcuts folder.

That being said, the folder has two exe files in it that I want to show just two shortcuts that point to the two executables
"C:\Program Files\Cookie Monster\CookieMonster.exe", and

"C:\Program Files\Cookie Monster\CookieMonster.exe" -auto

I cannot get the filter to work.

I tried Show CookieMonster.*, and *.exe, but I keep getting all the files.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

And then, I wanted to start over... I know I can hide the VF, but then I can't re-use the name. Isn't there a way to remove the virtual folder without deleting the files in the destination folder?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Chuck Billow
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM -
I've found the bug in True Launch Bar. The filters are not working if the option "Apply filter to all new files/folders" is turned off. So maybe here is your problem?

Filters with that option must work fine.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM -
Quote:And then, I wanted to start over... I know I can hide the VF, but then I can't re-use the name. Isn't there a way to remove the virtual folder without deleting the files in the destination folder?
You can delete the the VF you created (the root VF). This operation is safe. But if you are not sure right-click the VF you want to delete and select the "Open in Explorer" menu item. TLB opens the explorer and selects the folder/file. If this folder inside the "toolbar folder" then you can delete it. Also you can delete folder using explorer - this is the safe way because you see what you delete.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
CWBillow

08-14-2006, 02:04 PM -
Yuri:

No, the option is on... I included a zip file with graphics of

1) The sub menu being filtered,

and

2) The filter sets itself.

What have I done wrong here?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

Attached Files
.zip   Filtering.zip (Size: 26.51 KB / Downloads: 464)

Chuck Billow
CWBillow

08-14-2006, 02:19 PM -
OK, thanks.

Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:And then, I wanted to start over... I know I can hide the VF, but then I can't re-use the name. Isn't there a way to remove the virtual folder without deleting the files in the destination folder?
You can delete the the VF you created (the root VF). This operation is safe. But if you are not sure right-click the VF you want to delete and select the "Open in Explorer" menu item. TLB opens the explorer and selects the folder/file. If this folder inside the "toolbar folder" then you can delete it. Also you can delete folder using explorer - this is the safe way because you see what you delete.

Chuck Billow