Started by cmishima

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

43 posts in this topic
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
01-24-2003, 02:04 PM -
Bump for Mail Monitor update. Smile
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-11-2003, 12:04 PM -
I would like to see the following for Mail Monitor if possible. The ideas are from MailWasher at http://www.mailwasher.net/
1) ability to use a text file for blacklist and friends list and to import it. Also, use external blacklists such as ORDB, Spam Cop, VISI, etc.
2) an easy way to add someone to a blacklist or a friends list from the Mail List... by right clicking.
3) ability to also use filters on the Body of an email.
4) to analyze each email as it arrives and warn if it is a virus by heuristic checking and filtering.
5) bouncing unwanted emails.

I know this is a lot to ask but I would like to use TLB's Mail Monitor (with great possibilities) and not have to use MailWasher (probably, in my opinion, the best email checker so far).
And if you can do as good a job as you did with the Weather Monitor update, then maybe my wish list for the Mail Monitor will come true. Good job Yuri! Big Grin
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-12-2003, 06:10 PM -
Quote:1) ability to use a text file for blacklist and friends list and to import it.
Already released. The 3rd picture-button in the filtering dialog. It opens dialog box where you can select the default header field and search function. Text file must contain one condition per line in format:
<text> [tab] [header field]

so here is example:

[code]
spamer@spam.com
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
bbfi

02-15-2003, 11:32 AM -
Quote:1) ability to use a text file for blacklist and friends list and to import it.
Already released. The 3rd picture-button in the filtering dialog. It opens dialog box where you can select the default header field and search function.
Thanks Yuri. I am now able to import Blacklists.
Another wish for Mail Monitor. I'd like to be able to save the size of the window and the positions and sizes of the category listings. Wink
Denis

192 posts 19 threads Joined: Dec 2002
02-16-2003, 09:26 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Only one improvement needed - remember the last header string Wink
...and adding wildcards like "*". :p
bbfi

02-25-2003, 11:33 AM -
Another wish for Mail Monitor. Ability to export filter rules and info to a text file. This would enable the user to easily save the filter rules information in case of a problem or incapability in future releases. Presently, there is an import for filter rules which works great with text files. Wink
pdr_UK

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2003
03-09-2003, 08:28 AM -
I have not used mail monitor yet, although I would like to do so. Mainly because I use a little program called Mail Washer which does pretty much the same thing. But it does have one little advantage in that you can bounce unwanted Emails back to the sender. This creates the illusion that your Email account does not exist. It can also add the whole domain belonging to the sender of the bounced emails. This way eventually it auto bounces unwanted emails for you.

Although this will not always work, it does on some companies who spam you. Any chance of adding that feature then I'd try mail monitor out ;-)
Denis

03-10-2003, 07:19 AM -
Denis Wrote:What about the ability to use regular expressions (or at least "*" and "?") in the filters rules? Smile
Please Yuri, could you add that feature to mail monitor?
That would be a great addition to its functionnality!! Big Grin
What about the ability to "Bounce" an email as if the address it was sent to didn't exist (a la "Mailwasher")?
The address might then be deleted from the offending mailing list. Wink

Any news about Mail monitor next version? Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-10-2003, 07:52 AM -
About regular expressions. Is this realy necessary? All combination can be released using search functions:
*text equal Ends with text
text* equal starts with text
*text* equal contains text

Quote:Any news about Mail monitor next version?
I plan release new version during this week Wink
Here some new features that already done:
* MD5 APOP Authentication support
* No sound between X and Y hours
* An option to change the date/time format used for the Date column
* Automatic re-applying of filtering rules
* Color highlight of messages (text/background colors)
* Disable automatic checking
* Import/Export conditions/rules
* Option to view all messages from all accounts (also with filtering by smap, aproved, dangerouse)
* Resort accounts
* Save last values in add condition
* Save message as...
* Sort messages in the message list window

Now I'm working on quick reply and bouncing. Also I plan to include analyzer for possible viruses in messages Wink
The TORDEX Team
bbfi

03-10-2003, 11:06 AM -
Quote:About regular expressions. Is this realy necessary? All combination can be released using search functions:

Yuri, I think that it is necessary. Wink For instance, suppose you get spam where the subject is ' Try this product '. Next time it is ' Trey this product ' or ' Try thiis product ' or ' Try thiiis product ', etc. Presently, Mail Monitor cannot catch the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th variation as spam. However, if you enabled Mail Monitor to read regular expressions, then ' Tr* th* product ' would catch each of them. The only way Mail Monitor could catch it now is if you only use the word ' product ' and what happens if it is sent as ' pruduct '? No good!

Spammers are now misspelling words to confuse spam checkers. And I am constantly being bombarded with this type of situation. As soon as I set the rules for the word ' product ', the next time it is misspelled as ' pruduct '. Therefore, I have to set the rules for this spelling. Then it becomes ' prodoct '. Time to set the rules again. Then ' proodoct ', etc. I'll have dozens of filter rules just for the word ' product '. PLEASE enable Mail Monitor to read regular expressions! I'm getting tired of settings my rules each day because of these spammers. Sad
Denis

03-10-2003, 04:47 PM -
Quote:All combination can be released using search functions:
*text equal Ends with text
text* equal starts with text
*text* equal contains text

Hummm.. I'm not sure what you mean by "search functions", but I don't think that would work for "xxxyour.real.addressxxx@somewhere.com", unfortunately. This is a new trick that spammers are using. Sad

Quote:I plan release new version during this week Wink

This is great news! Smile

Quote:Now I'm working on quick reply and bouncing. Also I plan to include analyzer for possible viruses in messages Wink

Wow, even better!!! Big Grin
Thanks a lot for your great work, Yuri. Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-10-2003, 07:07 PM -
OK regular expressions must to be Smile
The TORDEX Team
Denis

03-11-2003, 06:42 AM -