Lock Toolbar in position or to 1 monitor - Lock Toolbar in position or to 1 monitor
Started by rich

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
rich

93 posts 19 threads Joined: Aug 2001
12-27-2002, 12:59 PM -
Merry Christmas Yuri!

Don't know if this is possible, but thought I'd ask and find out...

Is it possible to lock a tool bar to keep it from being moved accidentaly? (without first unlocking)

I have 2 monitors (1 above the other) & the top one has a toolbar at the bottom of the monitor that always seems to get draged when I'm trying to grab windows.

If I could prevent it from being dragged, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Rich
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-29-2002, 04:23 PM -
This feature is released in the Windows XP but only for taskbar. I can disable moving toolbar if you click on empty space but if you click and drag on chevron at the left side of toolbar... I cannot to do anything.

Is this lock type suitable for you?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
rich

12-30-2002, 09:30 AM -
Hi Yuri,

I think that would work fine!

When I accidentaly drag this toolbar, it's never from the chevron, so I think this would be perfect!

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Rich
digThisXL

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2003
01-21-2003, 11:59 AM -
It would be nice to be able to lock the toolbar just like you can lock the taskbar. This is not possible?
digThisXL

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2003
03-19-2003, 06:40 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:This feature is released in the Windows XP but only for taskbar. I can disable moving toolbar if you click on empty space but if you click and drag on chevron at the left side of toolbar... I cannot to do anything.

Is this lock type suitable for you?
Any way to disable the chevron if you click the "lock" option?
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-22-2003, 04:15 PM -
chevron is under Windows control Sad
The TORDEX Team
rich

03-29-2003, 10:45 AM -
Hi Yuri,

This feature does not seem to work correctly for me.

I go into advanced menu of TLB from the toolbar I want to lock in place, click "lock toolbar" click ok, but if I click on any non-chevron area (any blank spot) the toolbar still gets dragged off.

TLB Version: v2.2.0.1
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 2
shell: 5.0.3502.4718
IE version: 6.0.2800.1106

Let me know if I can provide additional information to help you.

Regards,

Rich
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
03-29-2003, 11:34 AM -
I think the current True Launch Bar 'Lock toolbar' option is not 'Lock toolbar in place'

At the moment I think True Launch Bar does not have a 'lock toolbar in place' option.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-29-2003, 12:07 PM -
rich
I've reproduced the problem. But I can drag TLB off only if I click at the very bottom (not on every empty space). In this case situation same when you click on chevrone Sad.

May be you tried to move TLB using empty space that you have added using spacer plugin? In this case you can lock buttons to disable this.

Anyway I'm working on standalone utility that can run TLB without explorer, so I'll can bypass restrictions of std windows toolbars. This will be the best solution for toolbars not docked into taskbar.

Bob Freeman
Currently 'Lock toolbar' option only disable to move toolbar using empty space of toolbar. This option can be used with floating toolbars (anybody use them Wink ) or with toolbars not docked into taskbar. BTW with floating toolbars together with option Show toolbar caption you can lock toolbar in place (you cannot move toolbar if there no caption and toolbar is locked).
The TORDEX Team
rich

03-30-2003, 02:09 PM -
Hi Yuri,

> I've reproduced the problem. But I can drag TLB off only
> if I click at the very bottom (not on every empty space).
> In this case situation same when you click on chevrone .

You are correct!

I have a dual monitor setup, one on top of the other (secondary on top) The toolbar that keeps getting moved is at the bottom of the secondary monitor. It usually happens when I drag a window on the primary monitor, the top of which is very near the top of the primary screen or has even overlapped a bit onto the bottm of the secondary screen

Looking forward to the new & improved TLB!

Rich
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
04-08-2003, 11:50 PM -
My monitors are next to each other, and because OpenGL doesn't like my secondary card I must disable it to play games or run 3D Studio Max. TLB gets moved from my secondary monitor to the primary, just above the task bar (which is XP-locked), and I get the exact same problem: I sometimes drag on an empty space by accident and it gets docked into the task bar...

What I'm trying to say: first of all, the "do not drag when clicking on an empty space"-option would be great. Even though some places like the chevron would still enable dragging, it's the empty space which is bothering me. Second: the TLB-loading program seems like a great idea, just make sure it reacts to monitor-enabled-changes too Smile.