Suggestion Box, Forums sorting & stuff - Things about the site ...
Started by Bender

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Bender

38 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2001
01-08-2003, 11:44 AM -
Hi all,

while i was just heading to put something into the suggestions box i noticed two things about it:

1. i found this to be a very good feature in the development process of TLB. But it seems to be lost because there are many unsorted suggestions from month ago. Yuri are you planning on going through it?

2. It´s quite hard to find after the last redesign. I only found it while i keept searching because i knew it was there. As far as i can see it is just a subpoint in the support area.
(forgive me if i´m just too blind Big Grin )

I would say get it linked in the menu of the tlb website. Maybe under the "forums" button. Also in the forums main page there should be an entry (maybe with a locked top level forum) or a button that leads to the suggestion box.
That would bring especially the new users to it.
(the old ones know about it anyway Wink )

A different possibillity would be to do this officially in the forums because several suggestions are already being made in the forums anyway. Meaning dropping the suggestions box and try to recreate something like it in forums.

Top Forum Requests
Sub Forum - Unsorted
Sub Forum - Soon

I think it could work the same way as before in the suggestions box. Allow the users to create new topics only in "Unsorted" and allow them to comment on existing topics in all sub forums.

So what do you people think?

oh .... and about the sorting ... Could someone move the new forum section "True Launch Bar's plugins" down under "Features discussion". It just doesn´t feel right at the top position.

On the other hand ... it might be just me that feels this way - in that case feel free to ignore this request Smile
regards,
Bender
katoaristera

73 posts 19 threads Joined: Nov 2002
01-08-2003, 12:55 PM -
Bender Wrote:1. [...] it seems to be lost because there are many unsorted suggestions from month ago

2. It´s quite hard to find after the last redesign. I only found it while i keept searching because i knew it was there. As far as i can see it is just a subpoint in the support area.
(forgive me if i´m just too blind Big Grin )

[...]

A different possibillity would be to do this officially in the forums because several suggestions are already being made in the forums anyway. Meaning dropping the suggestions box and try to recreate something like it in forums.

[...]
Agree 100% to these points
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
01-08-2003, 02:04 PM -
Ditto for me. I agree with all the above points.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
01-09-2003, 05:26 PM -
Content of Suggestions box have left from under the control Sad
Soon I've remake this section. It change its name into TODO LIST. There I'll post tasks that will be released and only two categories - DEVOLOPMENT and IN PLANS. The new features will be added there after discussing them on the forum. Currenly I have this TODO LIST in off-line so I'll publish it Wink

Unfortunately I cannot integrate it into forums (yes) Sad

BTW Some items from unsorted already released Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
katoaristera

73 posts 19 threads Joined: Nov 2002
01-09-2003, 11:49 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:BTW Some items from unsorted already released Wink
Yes, actually you are so prolific and willing in fulfill our request and wishes posted in the forum that suggestions box became overstepped Wink

Thanks !!!
Denis

192 posts 19 threads Joined: Dec 2002
01-10-2003, 08:55 AM -
Publishing your todo list in the forums is a great idea, Yuri. Smile
I was going to suggest it. :p
Bender

03-29-2003, 12:51 PM -
*push*

Big Grin
regards,
Bender
Bender

09-24-2004, 02:34 PM -
Hmmm i´d say after 1 1/2 years its time to push this topic again ...

Anything on this todo list thing? (not the plug-in) :p
regards,
Bender