Clock Plug-in Suggestions/Requests - Clock Plug-in Suggestions/Requests
Started by mphilmon

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
mphilmon

7 posts 5 threads Joined: May 2003
05-01-2003, 08:57 PM -
I like the TLB Clock and I'm really not certain what updates are planned for it as it's only a beta release at the moment (of course it's been a beta now since November of 2002).

1) I've found that I can't get a height that really works that can show the Analog clock and be able to show the date or anything below it without greatly resizing the taskbar. Twice as big should be enough without having to go to 3 times the size. You could possibly even allow the date to be shown to the right or left.
2) Allow us to change the font size/color on the time. I imagine this is planned as there appear to be buttons (not enabled) for this purpose.
3) An alarm feature would be neat.
4) A tooltip would be nice, particularly to show the date if you don't show already show it (because it doesn't fit with the Analog clock).
5) I can't see how this is possible since the whole point of this is to be a part of TLB, but it would be neat if there was some way to replace the taskbar clock itself with this. What I mean is actually have the plugin come up where the clock normally is from Windows. Maybe a TLB Tray replacement that would allow you to use plugins there as well.

06-14-2003, 07:25 PM -
may i second the suggestion for an alarm?

just one alarm is enough, but if you can allow
serveral with user input messages - great.

(an alarm seems like a 'must have'.. don't ya think?)

Smile
BarryJ

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Dec 2002
06-19-2003, 11:27 AM -
You can turn off the clock from the start menu properties, but the system tray is then the right-most item - so the clock has to be second right most.

07-17-2003, 06:05 PM -
Simple solution - disable system tray
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-17-2003, 06:11 PM -
Quote:Simple solution - disable system tray

Which begs the simple question: How? And how would you access your system tray icons (Trillian, DUN, RAM Booster, etc)?