spacer improvements - just some
Started by IceCaveman

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
05-17-2003, 01:06 PM -
You must have heard this many times so sorry for that but would it not be nice if the spacer would change sizes depending on what resolution you use ( F.ex I use volume menu on the very end of the taskbar but when I change resolution it moves away from the clock, but then comes another problem, when the systray grows larger then TLB items on the side of it dissapear into > arrow menu. Sad
So if it could detect what resolution I am using and detect if there is anything blocking it like the systray and move automatically away. anathor bad thing I guess that would take some resources. thanks anyway.

12-02-2004, 02:37 PM -
To put in spacers after I had captured one of my iconofied shortcut folders, I used the 32x32 icon size setting, and noticed that the spacers were being entered as 32 pixels wide, and not the 20 pixel setting which shows as a default in the v2.1 dialog box.

After inserting some default background-color spacers to break up a long line of icons, I finished my work and switched the icon size to 16x16. The spacers shrank right along with the icons. Finally, I did some experiments with changing the Small icon option to 18x18, 20x20, and 24x24. Each time all the spacers grew to match the icon size changes.

I guess my question at this point is ... Suppose I wanted, say, a 16 pixel spacer which _remained_ a 16-pixel spacer, regardless of what the icon size is. How would I accomplish this mission?
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
12-02-2004, 04:28 PM -
Perhaps you would see this was from last year Smile
Actually I ment screen resolution, not the resolution of the icons. Anyway since then Yuri added a feature "Move to the Right" that works much better than what I was requesting

12-04-2004, 11:33 AM -
IceCaveman Wrote:Perhaps you would see this was from last year Smile
Actually I ment screen resolution, not the resolution of the icons. Anyway since then Yuri added a feature "Move to the Right" that works much better than what I was requesting

Where is "Move to the Right" in the menu system? I've not been able to find it.

12-04-2004, 11:33 AM -
IceCaveman Wrote:Perhaps you would see this was from last year Smile

Where is "Move to the Right" in the menu system? I've not been able to find it.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-04-2004, 11:37 AM -
right-click and select Appearance submenu.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
12-04-2004, 03:40 PM -
On a horizontal toolbar it's "move to the right", on a vertical bar it's "move to the bottom"... which in fact makes sense Wink
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Rand

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2005
03-07-2005, 04:16 AM -
It'd be nice if there was a "Flexable" spacer like the one in Firefox where it will always fill as much room as possible without pushing anything off the screen. I like to have my tlb clock and turn off button farthest to the right, but if I switch resolutions or too many icons get into the notification area the clock is gone into the submenu Sad It's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice....
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-07-2005, 04:55 AM -
A flexible space is unnecessary as the "Move to Right/Move to Bottom" function does exactly what you've described. Any icon/separator on your True Launch Bar can be modified with this function. Even Firefox's flexible spaces cannot deal with too many icons/plugins!

If you are having problems with icons/plugins disappearing then it's a sign that you have too many icons and plugins on the toolbar. Perhaps you already have a large spacer plugin on there? If you do, remove it and just let TLB move things to the right for you. If you absolutely must have all these icons there, consider creating a secondary toolbar or use TLB's autosensing feature...
Back once again...