Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-01-2003, 04:47 PM -
Command Line v.2.0 plugin has been released.

Changes:
* Fixed explorer crashes.
* Added aliases with parameters
* Some minor changes

Download
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
methyl

12 posts 4 threads Joined: Aug 2003
10-04-2003, 03:26 PM -
Works perfect!!! Thank you for implementing my suggestion and thank you for creating a great program. Big Grin
Bob Freeman

104 posts 18 threads Joined: Aug 2001
10-04-2003, 03:41 PM -
methyl Wrote:Works perfect!!! Thank you for implementing my suggestion and thank you for creating a great program. Big Grin
I can find *no* use at all for command line plugin. What do you use it for? Maybe some practical examples will help.
methyl

10-04-2003, 08:22 PM -
I use cmdline to create aliases to my most frequently viewed favorites and folders. Instead of having to move the mouse over the favorites menu, i create hotkeys for them. I know that u can already assign hotkeys to favorites through windows, but you must conform to their hotkey association format which is "alt + ctrl + hotkey." W/ cmd line you can assign "alt + hotkey" or "ctrl + hotkey" to a webpage or program w/ out having to create an IE favorite or true launch bar(tlb) menu w/ favorites/programs dragged to the menu. This allows me to regain the desktop space that the favorites menu would occupy, it gets get rid of the need of desktop icon shortcuts, and helps me keep my hands off of the mouse(helps w/ karpal tunnel...sorry if i misspelled that). I hope that was clear.

Also, i assigned "ctrl + tab" to cmdline as a hotkey. Anytime i need to type out a web address, i can just press the hotkey and type the url instead of moving the mouse over to address bar and typing it. I know that you can press F4 to do the same thing, but i have a multimedia keyboard that doubles the functions of the F-keys. I dont like the standard shortcuts that windows assign to these keys so I customize the functions of the F-keys to my liking.

In other words, i use cmdline to create aliases to webpages/programs w/ out having to create the shortcuts itself. For me, Cmdline has greatly expanded the use of every single key on my keyboard.

THANK YOU Yuri!!! Big Grin
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-05-2003, 05:21 PM -
I'm using Command Line to redefine some console utilities like ping (alias is ping -t). Also I have some scripts with many parameters but I'm using only some of parameters. And yes! I'm using some it for some of favorites too and to search something on google.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
profbobo

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2003
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM -
I love the Command Prompt plugin! It's really useful. I was wondering if someone could direct me in making a search engine for the Imdb (Internet Movie Database), though. I find myself there more and more all the time, so it'd be really useful!

Thanks in advance Smile

Edit: I think I figured it out ... http://www.imdb.com/find?q=%s Thanks!
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-10-2003, 11:00 AM -
Does the command line support Remote Desktop?

When I click on the command line via Remote Desktop connection (console session), the cursor is not placed in the command line.
methyl

10-11-2003, 01:46 AM -
Yes it does. You can create an alias for it and set the program directory for it or you can just type "mstsc" in the command line text box
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-11-2003, 05:08 PM -
I mean if I am connected to my computer via Remote Desktop, I cannot click on the command line plugin on the remote pc.

Also, something weird just happened. I did what methyl said and when I hit enter, the command line disappeard and other plugins took it's spot :/

10-13-2003, 12:04 PM -
methyl Wrote:I use cmdline to create aliases to my most frequently viewed favorites and folders. Instead of having to move the mouse over the favorites menu, i create hotkeys for them. I know that u can already assign hotkeys to favorites through windows, but you must conform to their hotkey association format which is "alt + ctrl + hotkey." W/ cmd line you can assign "alt + hotkey" or "ctrl + hotkey" to a webpage or program w/ out having to create an IE favorite or true launch bar(tlb) menu w/ favorites/programs dragged to the menu. This allows me to regain the desktop space that the favorites menu would occupy, it gets get rid of the need of desktop icon shortcuts, and helps me keep my hands off of the mouse(helps w/ karpal tunnel...sorry if i misspelled that). I hope that was clear.

Also, i assigned "alt + tab" to cmdline as a hotkey. Anytime i need to type out a web address, i can just press the hotkey and type the url instead of moving the mouse over to address bar and typing it. I know that you can press F4 to do the same thing, but i have a multimedia keyboard that doubles the functions of the F-keys. I dont like the standard shortcuts that windows assign to these keys so I customize the functions of the F-keys to my liking.

In other words, i use cmdline to create aliases to webpages/programs w/ out having to create the shortcuts itself. For me, Cmdline has greatly expanded the use of every single key on my keyboard.

THANK YOU Yuri!!! Big Grin
The keyboard shortcut to switch to the address bar in Internet Explorer is alt+d. This also works in Mozilla Firebird (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mozilla.org">http://www.mozilla.org</a><!-- m -->) which imo is a much better browser
Guardian

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2003
10-15-2003, 10:19 AM -
My taskbar is vertical. When I try to add command line it's addin' vertically too. But the text is typing normally. How can I make it look normal way or how to resize it so that width will be longer than height?
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-15-2003, 11:24 AM -
How about a screenshot so we can better understand what you'er asking for?

I don't think it's possible to have vertical text with Command Line.
Guardian

10-16-2003, 02:38 AM -
Here it is
Screenshot
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-16-2003, 03:55 PM -
I thought there would be a way to accomplish this with a skin, but I can't figure out how to do it. Yuri, the skins (as well as the plugin itself) do no behave as expected on a vertical toolbar.
WinXP Pro (5.1.2600) SP1 TLB 3.0 IE 6.0.2800.1106 Shell 6.0.2800.1106
Command Line 3.3.0.0 Process Viewer 2.0.0.0 Calculator 1.0.0.0
Weather Forecast 1.0.0.0 Media Control 4.0.0.0 Volume Control 2.1.0.0
Net Monitor 1.4.0.0 Up Time 2.1.0.0 System Monitor 2.4.0.0
Drive Space 2.3.0.0 Mail Monitor 1.9.9.0 TLB Clock 1.3.0.0
Guardian

10-16-2003, 08:11 PM -
There is a possibility to change width of the command line. If there will be a possibility to change height - it can solve the problem I think...