True Launch Bar v.2.2.0.8 - has been released
Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
11-10-2003, 02:03 PM -
Over the past few years I've run True Launch Bar on many different setups and it's a stable product.

Very often crashes occur when the user has been excessively 'tweaking' Windows settings or is constantly playing around with 'eye candy' type programs.

My setup runs the latest True Launch Bar without any problems, either from unexplained crashes or resource usage every day, all day involving many log offs and reboots daily.

If you are interested in really using your system for work purposes rather than messing around then try True Launch Bar on a 'bare bones' windows system. It's almost bullet-proof.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-10-2003, 05:29 PM -
My system is heavily tweaked and has lots of "eye candy", yet I've never had TLB crash. It does tend to unexplicably hog the CPU cycles at times (never more than 20% or so). I've never experienced any sort of memory leak, and my system stays on for weeks at a time. I've been very active in these forums for over a year now (since I first started using TLB) and during that time, I've noticed that a lot of stability problems with TLB are compatibility issues with other running software. The best part about TLB is that Yuri will fix any problems that he is able to in a reasonable time. An open, two-way channel of communication is one of the great perks about a small software company like TrueSoft.

STi Sev, some of the members that use these forums can be a little short-tempered and ... zealous at times. Please don't hold that against this product. Just to clarify, I am not a TrueSoft employee, nor am I some sort of paid spokesman. I am just a very satisfied customer.

If you have stability issues, be sure to let Yuri know what they are, particularly if you have tricks for reproducing them. One of the hardest parts of my job is fixing problems I can't see, and I'm sure Yuri would agree.
WinXP Pro (5.1.2600) SP1 TLB 3.0 IE 6.0.2800.1106 Shell 6.0.2800.1106
Command Line 3.3.0.0 Process Viewer 2.0.0.0 Calculator 1.0.0.0
Weather Forecast 1.0.0.0 Media Control 4.0.0.0 Volume Control 2.1.0.0
Net Monitor 1.4.0.0 Up Time 2.1.0.0 System Monitor 2.4.0.0
Drive Space 2.3.0.0 Mail Monitor 1.9.9.0 TLB Clock 1.3.0.0