Started by LastToKnow0

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
LastToKnow0

6 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2004
03-01-2004, 03:29 PM -
Here is the scenario:

Mail Moniter reports, for example, 5 new mails on its icon in the TLB. I click to bring up the MM window. There are maybe 20 emails, most of which have been flagged as spam by my spam filter (PopFile), and are therefore not included in MM's count. However, of the ones that are counted, a couple are listed only as <not loaded>. Within a few seconds of opening the window, <not loaded> is replaced by the actual subject.

This is annoying because it will often cause MM to tell me I have mail when all the messages have been filtered as spam. MM only reports mail because it hasn't loaded them.

So my question: Why is <not loaded> coming up? How can MM know that there is an email, but not be able to load the header? How come it is subsequently able to load the email after I bring up the main window?

I am using TLB 2.2.0.15RC2 with MM 1.9.8 beta on windows XP Pro. SP1. MM is set up to connect to Popfile @ localhost, and ignore all messages containing [popfile_spam] in the subject.
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
03-01-2004, 04:09 PM -
Look at the bottom left corner and you will probably see that Mail Monitor is still loading the mail.

If you have setup some filters that include 'message content' then Mail Monitor has to load the entire file first before checking.

Just wait patiently and Mail Monitor will do it's job and clear out all the mail that matches the filter you have set.
LastToKnow0

6 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2004
03-01-2004, 08:02 PM -
I'm talking abount emails that have been in my inbox for some time. It seems to make another attempt to load them when I open the window, but I feel that the headers should already be loaded (and filtered).

I don't have any filters based on the message body.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-02-2004, 10:05 AM -
I've been playing and have reproduced the bug. My mail gets pre-filtered with SpamPal and then into mail monitor. In this example, the three emails downloaded, but only two of them got details downloaded.
[Image: mailmon1.gif]

The middle email got "stuck" in mail monitor, and no matter what I did (waited, deleted spam, manually loaded the message, etc.), it would not download the information:
[Image: mailmon2.gif]

Checking SpamPal's status window showed that mail monitor was definitely attaching to my POP3 server...
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-02-2004, 02:02 PM -
Your account are on SpamPal? I'll try it and let you know. Only one request. Can you save that "unloaded" email as .msg or .eml file and send it to me (or the header of message)?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
HorusUK

03-02-2004, 02:26 PM -
Errr, not that particular email, but it is reproducable - more details, as/if I find more!

As soon as it happens again, I'll forward the email to you. Big Grin
HorusUK

03-03-2004, 08:07 AM -
Yuri, this happened again. I saved the offending email as an .msg, and emailed to you!
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-30-2004, 05:57 PM -
HorusUK,

Do you use any filters in Mail Monitor or just use SpamPal to filter spam?

I use to have this problem also, but it has not happened recently. It happened a lot when I used Mail Monitor's filters for spam. Since I switched from SpamPal to Spamihilator, I do not need Mail Monitor to filter spam anymore. Spamihilator puts spam into its own recycle bin and it can be deleted there, before it gets to Mail Monitor.

I only use filters to put emails into categories. I'm not sure if any of this has anything to do with the problem you are having, but it is interesting that after I stopped filtering for spam in Mail Monitor, the problem seemed to stop. ???
HorusUK

03-30-2004, 06:56 PM -
Yes, I use filters. I'll turn them off, and see what happens.
Back once again...