[Volume Control] Controlling treble & bass - Adding extra sliders
Started by GeekK

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
GeekK

17 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-02-2004, 03:53 PM -
Could it be possible to add sliders to control bass & treble?

It would come in handy when using for example foobar, where you have to go through menus to control it.

Other question: when I'm playing an audio-cd through foobar and use the slider or click on the icon to turn the sound off, nothing happens. I know this is because foobar processes the audio through wav. So, is it possible to turn off only the cd-sound (any windowsxp settings/something in foobar itself?).
Would be handy, because then the system sounds still work when turning of the cd-sound.

Great plugin nevertheless, thanks for it! Smile
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-03-2004, 05:27 AM -
I think the Volume Control plugin automatically detects all controls that are available at your system... so you can choose any of the controls that are in Windows' own volume control panel...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
03-03-2004, 06:46 AM -
Which doesn't necessarily mean that Bass & Treble controls are available...

I have 2 sound cards, both of which have a bass/treble adjustment in their own control panels, but they do not appear in the Volume Control plugin.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-03-2004, 11:24 AM -
Quote:I have 2 sound cards, both of which have a bass/treble adjustment in their own control panels, but they do not appear in the Volume Control plugin.

Ditto, except I'm not cool enough to need two sound cards anymore...
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
03-03-2004, 01:26 PM -
The Bass and treble thing is for WindowsXP and newer only. Yuri should add that feature even if that would resault in 2 different version of the volume control plug-in.
HorusUK

03-03-2004, 03:16 PM -
Quote:Ditto, except I'm not cool enough to need two sound cards anymore...
That's the price I pay for Mrs HorusUK being musical!

Quote:The Bass and treble thing is for WindowsXP and newer only. Yuri should add that feature even if that would resault in 2 different version of the volume control plug-in.
It's easy enough to detect the host OS, so it wouldn't need two versions.
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-03-2004, 05:46 PM -
Offtopic:
Please tell me, what can you do with 2 sound cards? How do you (or Mrs. HorusUK) use them? I have several unused (old) soundcards, maybe you could show me what I could do with them? Big Grin
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
GeekK

17 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-04-2004, 01:41 AM -
Thanks for replies.. Big Grin

I'm using WinXP, but I noticed my lousy on-board soundcard hasn't bass/treble available in properties. As I understand in that case they also won't be available in vol plugin when this is supported, because that would require equalizer components(?).

But perhaps a nice idea anyway for people who would like it (and myself when I get a new soundcard sometime Wink ).
HorusUK

03-04-2004, 07:15 AM -
Quote:I'm using WinXP, but I noticed my lousy on-board soundcard hasn't bass/treble available in properties. As I understand in that case they also won't be available in vol plugin when this is supported, because that would require equalizer components(?).
Not necessarily the case! A lot of cheaper sound chips these days are based on chipsets like AC97 which DOES support bass/treble adjustment. Because the chipset manufacturer leaves writing of drivers to the company that it sells to, you usually find that they don't always write drivers that support all the features of the chipset.

My advice is to find out a little more about your sound chip, and see what's available out there!

It's the same with GFX cards. I bought a Leadtek Titanium 2, and then ditched their clunky (and awfully "colourful") WinFox software in favour of the nVidia drivers, as the Leadtek uses the GeForce2 Ti chipset.

Quote:Offtopic:
Please tell me, what can you do with 2 sound cards? How do you (or Mrs. HorusUK) use them? I have several unused (old) soundcards, maybe you could show me what I could do with them?
As she's a singer, and I tend to do her sound/production, They're linked into mixers, samplers, minidiscs, and whatever else gets thrown at them. Having 2 soundcards just means I can double up on the inputs and outputs we have. Big Grin
Back once again...