How to create plugins for TrueLaunchBar? - How to create plugins for TrueLaunchBar?
Started by SKIL

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
SKIL

1 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2004
05-31-2004, 10:02 AM -
Hello! I am a software developer, and I have just discovered your great software. The ideea is that i would like to create plugins for this bar, and even share them with you.

Could you please give me some starting in the creation of plugins?

Thank you,
SKIL
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
05-31-2004, 10:50 AM -
There is an SDK. Although I haven't looked at it, I hear that it's a little light on documentation right now. But it's better than nothing...
BMStroh

11 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2004
07-06-2004, 06:02 AM -
Yuri, it might be helpful if you included a Makefile in each of the sample plug-ins in the SDK. It's probably easier for you to export one from Studio than for everyone to write one, at any rate. Smile

This would enable folks to download the free MS Visual C++ Toolkit ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/ )and the free Platform SDK components ( http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/plat...sdkupdate/ ) and start experimenting.

I'm working on throwing something together, but my Makefile skills are a lot rusty - I'm pretty sure the Studio export is a lot better at it than I am...
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
07-07-2004, 04:43 PM -
Hello SKIL and Welcome!

Not every plugin idea is on the official plugin page found here.

Some of us have created/modified the Weather Monitor plugin to do a few things found in this post. Take a look and see what you think. Big Grin

Be seeing you.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
07-08-2004, 05:48 AM -
QSection, TS has posted his message on May 31th and hasn't returned ever since, I doubt that he will see your remark Wink

Besides I think this is about the programming of plugins, in contrast to customizing plugins (like the Weather Monitor).

About plugin development, a makefile would indeed be easy to re-make an example plugin, and see how to build one yourself. Even better would be a Delphi framework, but that has been requested before by mark76uk I believe... Smile
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
07-08-2004, 10:00 PM -
My attempt at doing a Delphi plugin. Been a while ago, and to be honest I didn't have any time to look at it again, but it might serve as a starting point for someone who knows enough about COM and C++ to translate the thing... would love to see it too one day Smile