Windows List v1.1
Started by Yuri Kobets

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

27 posts in this topic
txl

84 posts 27 threads Joined: Dec 2004
06-27-2006, 07:37 AM -
I can't make it work even with the spacer trick, the damned windows programs shortcuts are still there....

Yuri what would be great is that windows list also lists (maybe in a separate column) the programs that are minimized in the "clock area", for example winamp, emule and µtorrent are minimized not as a normal word or excel but only a tiny icon remains in the "clock tray" (I don't know how to call it.

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM -
Quote:As soon as there is plugin for system tray, there should be an option simply to completely hide Windows task tray.
Here some ways to remove systray Wink
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
txl

06-27-2006, 08:10 AM -
But is this removing the "clock zone" or the "programs bar" ?

If we remove the "clock zone" since the plugin does not show the programs minimized in this zone then we can't access tham anymore, right ?

Or can the plugin also list the programs that are in the "clock zone" ?

Ideally it would be like windows where you can choose if this or that icon is displayed or not.

Thanks
txl

06-28-2006, 01:41 AM -
More things.....

The "systray" removal thing works but it's the "clock zone" and not the programs shortcuts.

I can't remove the programs shortcuts by putting a spacer, I have put the programs on the left of TLB, on the right of TLB put the spacer on the left, on the right, nothing happens...

IS there any way to remove the programs shortcuts that someone could describe point by point for the stupid guy like me ?

Finally it would be great if yuri could find a way to improve the windows list pluging by listing also the programs which are only having a shortcut in the systray (clock zone) area, so then we could get rid of both windows things and only keep TLB...

Thanks for the help
Xyzzy

91 posts 28 threads Joined: Mar 2006
06-28-2006, 02:10 AM -
txl Wrote:Finally it would be great if yuri could find a way to improve the windows list pluging by listing also the programs which are only having a shortcut in the systray (clock zone) area, so then we could get rid of both windows things and only keep TLB...

I think that separate implementation would be better, as fe. Tray Icons often signalize important things.
BTW, SysTray plugin was mentioned by Yuri OVER 2 YEARS AGO in the link he mentioned.

X.
txl

06-28-2006, 02:30 AM -
True it might be wise to have 2 separate fields for "normal" and "special" shirtucts, maybe a windows list plugin with 2 columns would do, or even better a user selection of which shortcut is displayed in the windows list plugin.

For example if we manage to remove the systray we might need to have shortcuts like emule, winamp appearing in the plugin, but stuff like hotsync for the palm user for example are not useful since the tray icon is just to notify you that the program is running and you don't access it normally once it's set up.

Yuri's systray killing method using gpedit.msc works great, now if only someone could find the same thing to kill the programs shortcuts it would be great
ozxar

241 posts 57 threads Joined: Jan 2004
06-29-2006, 12:06 AM -
I figured out the option needed to set, do the following and it should hide the programs.
  1. Unlock the taskbar and move the separator for the program task buttons to the right of your TLB.
  2. Open up the TLB Settings window and goto the "Toolbar" page and set the option Minimum buttons to more than the number of buttons on your toolbar (I just set it to 100).
  3. Add a spacer at the right end of your TLB and set it to 10000.
txl

06-29-2006, 12:37 AM -
Works great !!!

Thanks
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-23-2006, 05:27 PM -
Windows List v1.1 released
Changes:
* Fixed: Changed icon is not saved after refresh
* Fixed: No default icon for some applications
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
mazy

21 posts 2 threads Joined: Jun 2002
07-25-2006, 03:12 PM -
i like this plugin quite a lot, however i'm still waiting for these two features:
  • hotkey support
  • custom image (appearance\set image...)[/list:u]
    imho every plugin which has 'static' top-level icon (i.e. not like net monitor, weather forecast etc.) should provide the same ways of customization as 'normal' shortcuts or shortcuts to menus.
lostfly

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2008
06-20-2008, 09:35 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Currently I don't know the way to remove programs from the taskbar. But I'll try to find this way.

this way ok?

Attached Files
.rar   code.rar (Size: 43.23 KB / Downloads: 344)
DEFIANT

12 posts 6 threads Joined: Jul 2008
03-14-2009, 09:30 AM -
Bump...

Could someone compile the above code so I can test it out. Please and thank you.