can't get icons to wrap on Win 7
Started by kunkel321

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
kunkel321

19 posts 5 threads Joined: Jun 2011
10-09-2011, 06:47 AM -
On XP and Vista, I was able to make a bar of small icons, then make it narrow and the icons would "wrap around" such that there were 2 rows. On Win 7 it doesn't seem to wrap though... Is there a setting for this that I'm missing? Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-09-2011, 07:29 AM -
Firstly, decrease the value TLB Settings->Toolbar->Sizes->Buttons margin height. Then select the skin with small margins (like a dark glass), or set the buttons background on TLB Settings->Toolbar->Colors, this will prevent using the default Windows theme with large margins.

Some real value:

Skin: dark glass
Buttons margin height: 2

Skin: default
buttons background: any
Buttons margin height: 4
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kunkel321

10-09-2011, 07:43 AM -
Thanks for the quick reply Yuri!
I had already set the button margins to zero, which didn't help (though it looked like there should've been enough room). Changing the skin did the trick. Smile
kunkel321

04-11-2012, 02:21 PM -
Hi again Yuri...

A question related to the, above, original post... Sort of hard for me to explain:

Windows apparently likes to have a margin at the left of its taskbars...
If I unlock my bar, I can slide the 'grab handle' to the left so far that it looks like some of the icons will be hidden, as indicated by the little white >> to the right of the Excel icon. When I lock the bar though, it crams the icons in there and displays them (see bottom of image; where Chrome and IE are showing). I find that this allows me to make the bar as narrow as possible and optimize space. For some reason I am not able to do this space-saving trick with the bar that has the large icons though.... As a result, when I lock the bars, there is a wasted empty space between the large and small icon bars. (There is enough room there for another column of small icons!)

[Image: TtzbM.png]

I tried the tips you posted above, but they did work. Is there a way to "smash over" my large-icon-bar so it's narrower?
Did I explain that question coherently? Thanks.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
04-11-2012, 03:14 PM -
I have a better trick for this Wink

1. unlock the taskbar
2. Set TLB Settings->Toolbar->General->Minimum size into the small value (for example 1 or 3)
3. Make toolbars width as small as possible.
4. Set TLB Settings->Toolbar->General->Minimum size into any large small value. If you don't want the >> button you can set this option in 100
5. Lock the taskbar and windows will change the toolbar width. The space between toolbars will be the minimum.

The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
kunkel321

04-16-2012, 09:41 AM -
It worked! Thanks Yuri Smile

[Image: n9pqN.png]

Tip for any other Noobs.. Each toolbar has it's own settings.... You have to right-click on the toolbar that you want changed!