Can you change toolbar colors?
Started by rbienstock

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
rbienstock

10 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2003
05-22-2003, 10:25 AM -
TLB does everything that one could want in a high-end tool bar tool except for the one thing that I am looking for (unless it is there and I can't find it). I don't use a toolbar located on the Taskbar, but, instead, I move it to the top of the screen. I'm running XP, but this problem could apply to any version of Windows. The issue is that once the toolbar is undocked from the taskbar, it adopts this awful grey color as its background. TLB lets you do all kinds of things to change the appearance of menus and buttons, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of that grey background. I suppose I could put it back on the Taskbar (where it picks up the color assigned to the Taskbar), but then I'd have to change a bunch of buttons to menus, which kind of defeats the purpose of a toolbar. I suspect that the transparency of the toolbar when it is on the taskbar is a clue to the answer to the problem and that there is some sort of default color assigned by Windows to an object that is supposed to pick up its color from another object, but there is no color to pick up. In any event, is it possible to change that grey color either within TLB or within Windows itself?
Regards,

Robert
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Shell Version:6.0.2800.1556
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 3.2
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-22-2003, 02:24 PM -
TLB support changing background color. But currently this option is not accessible in the settings dialog. To chnage toolbar color right-click empty space of toolbar and select "Open" menu item. In the opened folder find setup.ini file and open it using Notepad. Note setup.ini is hidden file so you need to enable to show hidden files in the Folder Options (control panel).

In the setup.ini change two values:
Code:
ToolbarColor=0xBBGGRR
UseToolbarColor=1
Replace BBGGRR with the color you need:
BB - Blue component of color in HEX
GG - Green component of color in HEX
RR - Red component of color in HEX
This example will make toolbar light blue:
Code:
ToolbarColor=0xFFA081
UseToolbarColor=1

In the next version of True Launch Bar I'll add this color into settings dialog.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
05-22-2003, 05:51 PM -
Hello rbienstock

Yuri has a good answer but in addition have you seen a program called Taskbar Wallpaper? It is found here: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.linkexe.com/taskbar/index.htm">www.linkexe.com/taskbar/index.htm</a><!-- w -->
It works great with TLB and perhaps Yuri will integrate something like this in the next version.

Best wishes.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
rbienstock

10 posts 3 threads Joined: May 2003
05-23-2003, 08:45 AM -
Yuri,

This is great, and it has gotten me to 99% of where I want to be. Here's the last 1%: I've now managed to change the background color of the toolbar, but it still has a grey border. Can the color of the border be changed too?

Robert
Regards,

Robert
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Shell Version:6.0.2800.1556
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 3.2
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
05-23-2003, 03:07 PM -
This gray border controlled by Windows Sad
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-23-2003, 04:39 PM -
rbienstock

Have you seen a program called Display Set? You can have almost ultimate customisation in Windows with it. You can probably fix the color you want with it. It actually complements TLBs abilities. You can get it here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1565,00.asp

Information about is is found here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1643,00.asp
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
05-23-2003, 06:28 PM -
QSection,

It appears that in order to download this program, you now have to pay a subscription price. I do not think that I had to do this in the past. Did you get it free? ???
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

05-24-2003, 10:06 AM -
Hello bbfi

Yes we did get it free. That was about a year ago.
HMSS Q Section
some examples=
Semper Ad Fundum