Welcome!
Started by HorusUK

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

25 posts in this topic
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
10-09-2004, 01:36 PM -
Welcome to the new TrueSoft Community forums.

The upgrade from the Ikonboard software the old forum used has been completed and we now have a shiny, customized version of phpbb. There are general improvements across the board to private messaging, profiles, search, etc., as well as new features such as ranks, country flags, and animated smilies:
:lol: :?: :roll: :oops: =D> \Big Grin/ :ha ha:

One of the biggest new features is RSS feeds which we've indicated with the [Image: rss.gif] logo. There is a feed for the entire forum available from the RSS logo next to the TrueSoft Community name at the top of this forum along with individual feeds for each of the forums. The forum RSS feed logo is shown to the right of the forum title and you won't see it unless you are in a forum.

Please be sure to check your profile and amend it to suit the new forum software. We know there are problems with some signatures as some of you are already aware from the test forum.

Finally, a big "thank you" to Yuri for trusting us to upgrade the forums. Dracula and I will be moderating the forums now, with the express aim of releasing Yuri's time to provide us with all the bug fixes and new features we've all been asking for. If you find a bug, or have any questions about the new forums, please post in this topic.

Thanks!
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
10-10-2004, 09:50 AM -
Congratulations on the new forum.

I will add this forum to the FAQ so users will understand the new navigation.
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
a1ehouse

54 posts 6 threads Joined: Mar 2003
10-10-2004, 12:07 PM -
New board is great, a lot faster than the old one. :thanks:
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
[Image: A1eSig.jpg]
ozxar

241 posts 57 threads Joined: Jan 2004
10-10-2004, 11:18 PM -
jus a few i swear... :twisted:

new forum : Skins\Skinning
customize phpBB a bit more, to look more Tsoft\TLB related instead of the default Subsilver style
Skin competition, i have noticed lately that there hasn't been much creation of skins this might get some new skinners :S
corny

94 posts 18 threads Joined: Mar 2003
10-10-2004, 11:28 PM -
ozxar Wrote:customize phpBB a bit more, to look more Tsoft\TLB related instead of the default Subsilver style

I hope you mean 'to add some skins to the templates', I always prefer this default style :wink:
Kind regards,
Cornelis

WinXP Pro#5.1.2600.SP2 IE#7.0.5730.11 Shell#6.0.2900.3051
TLB#4.1.6 RC1 StartKiller#2.3
Add Or Remove Programs#1.0.0.0 Batch Run#1.0.0.0 CommandLine#3.6.0.0 Device Manager#1.0.0.0 NetMonitor#1.5.0.0 Service Manager#1.0.0.0 TurnOffComputer#2.6.0.0
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
10-11-2004, 01:07 AM -
Great suggestions guys. Keep them coming :lol:

Ozxar, have you been listening in on some of our meetings? We do want to take a look at the Skinning section and look at the ways in which we can incorprate it into the forums so, watch this space...

We have stuck to the default style as the most important task was getting the Forum running on phpBB. We would like to put a bigger emphasis on the TrueSoft/True Launch Bar look and feel and we have made a start with TLB style ranks (small change, I know) and there are other changes we have made to the standard phpBB code so we will have to take a little time incorporating styles.
Back once again...
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
11-23-2004, 06:13 PM -
The RSS feeds now use version 2.0 of the specification. This allows the poster's name and the actual post date to be included.

I suppose this shouldn't break too many RSS readers... 8)
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM -
In using klipfolio we see only the Forum label and topic title however in the mouse hover we see the entire post with all the information therein. It would be great to see some additional information at the outset before one hovers such as name of poster and time/date of post.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service

12-02-2004, 01:10 PM -
I have tried several searches which were not terribly successful for me, because I usually use phrase searching -- that is, I do this when I want to find individual postings with the phrase "launch toolbar", but not a deluge of separate postings, all of which contain "launch" AND "toolbar" in their text.

Phrase searching is the most productive way to do postings searches I know of. Do you intend to add it?

Or have I just missed the doc on doing phrase searches because you call it something else?
Dracula

12-02-2004, 03:16 PM -
Indeed, you can only search using keywords, all posts are indexed using keywords. So learn to refine your search by adding more well-picked keywords (using the AND constructor) Wink

A late reply to QSection's request: This is exactly what has been added recently. If it shows the forum name instead of the poster name, the feed reader apparently does not use/understand this new feature...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Magic Speller

9 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2006
02-03-2006, 11:57 PM -
Hi, everyone. Just installed True Launch Bar yesterday and I'm very impressed! However, I'm having a little trouble setting up the RSS feeds.

HorusUK Wrote:One of the biggest new features is RSS feeds which we've indicated with the [Image: rss.gif] logo. There is a feed for the entire forum available from the RSS logo next to the TrueSoft Community name at the top of this forum along with individual feeds for each of the forums. The forum RSS feed logo is shown to the right of the forum title and you won't see it unless you are in a forum.

No problem with the "feed for the entire forum". However, I can't see the "forum RSS feed logos", whether I'm looking at the forums main page, reading a post to the forum, or replying. Right now, for example, I see "TORDEX Community Forum Index -> General Discussion" above this message, but no RSS button.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Keith
Dracula

02-04-2006, 05:15 AM -
The forum-specific RSS feeds were lost after the forum had to be recovered from an attack. And HorusUK was the user who hacked this feature together, but unfortunately he's been missing for almost a year now...

So that's why currently there's just one RSS feed: one for the entire forum.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM -
Yuri -
Congratulations on the new Tordex logo. It is great looking and inspiring!

For those who have not seen the new Tordex page please click here.
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-29-2006, 06:38 AM -
Thank you, Q Section. I'll publish the redesigned website during some days.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
notaguru

51 posts 13 threads Joined: Jun 2007
06-08-2007, 08:25 AM -
It would be great if there were a step-by-step QUICK START procedure for newcomers.

Or perhaps there is one and I just haven't found it!

EDIT:
I got the basic popup app menus set up along with some links, and it's impressive - but I suspect that's only a small part of the benefit of this super software.

I'll struggle along...