New TLB User/Wishlist
Started by t1n0m3n

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

19 posts in this topic
t1n0m3n

21 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2004
10-13-2004, 02:54 PM -
Thanks Yuri for activating me. I think you were right about the spam filter getting my validation e-mail.

Hi, I just found TrueLaunchBar, I have been looking for a product that can do some of the things that TLB can do for a few years. Specifically, I have been looking for a bar that is one button wide, that when pressed will slide out another bar that has my buttons on it. I got hooked on this when AutoCad 13 came out. TLB is the closest thing I have ever seen that does this "correctly." While other bars will do this, they lack the ability to dock into the startbar (I.E. Enchanted Toolbar) or are so poorly written that they crash my system on a regular basis. With that said, I do have a wishlist that I would like to see integrated into TLB. Some of these may have already been requested.

1. The ability to "really" set a menu to buttons only (no text.) In reality, resizing the menu to not show the text works ok, but it leaves the buttons in the menu misaligned from the docked menu button. And it also makes the button-only menu not have borders on the left side.

**Edit** This feature is already included in TLB.
**Edit** Only if you use the "Flat Menus (XP Style)" option.

2. The ability to select the direction of the menu popping out. I would like to be able to have the button that pops out the menu on the startbar at bottom and be able to select whether it slides up when I click it, or slides sideways (out over the tasks covering them up) transversely, if the menu is on a side, I would like to be able to choose it sliding straight down (or up depending if the button is at the top or bottom) or sliding out sideways.

3. More tips balloon options. I would like to see options to change font type, size, and color. balloon size and color. Add/remove the info in the balloons. (Like remove the location information in them)

**Edit** This is only an issue when you use the virtual folders option.

Thanks for reading, please take these suggestions with a grain of salt. I realize that some of them may not be feasible.

Great product.

P.S. I will get some screenies of my setup, so you all can see what I am talking about. However, it will need to be next week, due to me being out of town this week.
t1n0m3n

10-13-2004, 06:15 PM -
I found where I can remove the location info in the tooltip....However, you have to do a workaround if you want it to be blank.....

Right Click the icon / Appearance / Edit Description
Delete whats in there. If you want it to have nothing in the description, put a single space in and hit ok. A completely empty description field will revert back to what was in there previously.

However, there is still the separating bar in there. Haven't found a way to get rid of that yet..... If you are wondering, I am wanting just the name in the tooltip, and for it to be as small as possible.
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM -
Good suggestions. If you've got more, please post them. Big Grin

A lot of the tooltip changes you've requested are on Yuri's development list. As far as I know, TLB is going to support user-configurable tooltip templates in much the same way as context menu's are currently supported. This feature will be released in a future version.
Back once again...
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
10-14-2004, 03:36 AM -
t1n0m3n Wrote:Right Click the icon / Appearance / Edit Description
Delete whats in there. If you want it to have nothing in the description, put a single space in and hit ok. A completely empty description field will revert back to what was in there previously.

First of all, what exactly is the "Location info" you're referring to? Would be nice to show that in your screenshot... Wink

Indeed the description of an item is shown below the horizontal bar, and this can be removed by clearing the description field as you describe, but do not put a space there, otherwise it will be non-empty. I just verified it and this works fine, both the description and the horizontal bar were gone.
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
t1n0m3n

10-14-2004, 07:29 AM -
Cool, I just tested it. the problem was that I was using a virtual folder. When you use a virtual folder in a menu, you will get the problems with the menu tooltips that I described. Create the menu without the virtual folders and the tooltips work perfectly.

Thanks Dracula
t1n0m3n

10-14-2004, 07:34 AM -
I cant get to my web server since I am not at home, but can someone host this pic for me?

This is a pretty good example of my desktop..... after much tweaking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My old 32-Bit Desktop

Pics of my new, super-duper, 64-bit desktop coming soon. Smile
t1n0m3n

10-14-2004, 07:35 AM -
Oh! nevermind. Thats really cool.
Upload file is a very cool feature.
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-14-2004, 08:07 AM -
Looks good and now we have another skinner among us! Big Grin
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
t1n0m3n

10-14-2004, 10:38 AM -
Thanks Smile
My old 32-Bit Desktop

t1n0m3n

10-14-2004, 05:20 PM -
hehehe, I just found the solution to number 1. it was there already

:lol:
My old 32-Bit Desktop

shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-15-2004, 03:31 AM -
I found a solution to your #1, too. I don't know if it works better than the one you found or not.
Set the icon sizes to small icons, but keep the menu set to text menu. Then open up TLB Settings, go to the Metrics screen, and fiddle with the Max menu width setting. I found with the skin I use that a setting of 24 shows the whole icon and has equal spacing on either side. As a bonus, this aligns the icons horizontaly directly over the menu icon.
HTH...
t1n0m3n

10-15-2004, 06:26 AM -
Yeah, that was what I did in the picture above. It works well, if you turn off Flat Menus (XP Style) on the "menu appearance" page in TLB Settings.

The other way is to open the menu, right click on a menu item, go to "Customize Menu" Set the view mode to "Icons Only"

Now, the minimalist in me likes the way it looks when you adjust the menu sizes to make it button only. It is smaller, and centered on the button in the toolbar. But you lose the ability to have big menus in that toolbar (the Weather Plugin comes to mind.) That is not really a big deal though, cause you can just make another toolbar to hold the weather plugin or any other thing that would need a bigger menu.

The above method to making menus icons only, makes it easy to adjust the menus of other items to suit your needs, but the menu/icon bar is bigger and it is not centered on the toolbar button.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My old 32-Bit Desktop

t1n0m3n

10-15-2004, 08:25 AM -
After more investigation on the "icons only" in the "right-click menu item/customize menu/icons size - custom" options, I think that the menu stops shrinking according to icon size at about 16. It would be cool if there was a way to manipulate the menu background size independent of the icon size. I like to look of the icons at 16, but I think the menu background area is too large for the size of the icons.
My old 32-Bit Desktop

HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
10-15-2004, 08:29 AM -
Topic moved from General Discussion forum...
t1n0m3n

10-15-2004, 08:46 AM -
Thanks HorusUK

Big Grin
My old 32-Bit Desktop