[request] Misc feature request for TLB/some bugs
Started by Unbeliever

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Unbeliever

102 posts 17 threads Joined: Nov 2004
11-19-2004, 03:54 AM -
Even though FLB does everything i need i`m still very glad i bought TLB and i keep getting impressed with it. However there are few things i`d like to see fixed and added in the future.

1. Option to open folders when browsing through files/folders on a drive with single click (in mouse tab). This would be really handy if added as an option (under Mouse settings). So when we browse through the drive we can open folders the same way we open other files, with a single click.

2. I`d like to have an option to set "batch" settings. For example i have a menu for my drives and when i want to set the icon size and appereance, sorting method and other options i have to go and manually do that for every drive. An option to do it "batch" would much simplify the whole process.

3. Some icons appear jagged when browsing through files and folders in a drive. I know this could be due to lacking specific size (24x24 for example) but all of my icons have all sizes from 16x16 to 128x128 so i doubt that`s the reason. i`m attaching a screenshot of that bug.

4. Hotkeys are not working when asigned for an item within a menu. For example i have a menu titled "System" and in it i`ve put a shortcut to a eject.vbs script that opens my CD/DVD drive and asigned a hotkey to it. When that item is in taskbar the hotkey works, but when i put it in "System" menu the hotkey activation doesn`t work but i have to open the "System" menu first and THEN press the hotkey. It would be much faster and easier (and it would reduce the clutter in taskbar) if hotkey would work without the need to open the menu first.

These are just some minor probs/requests i have but in general, i LOVE TLB. Big Grin If any of these options allready exists in TLB, please forgive my ignorance since i`m still a newbie with TLB. Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks Doug for reminding what a stupid newbie i am. Sad

WinXp SP1
Intel P4 2.66
512mb DDR 333
Ati Mobility Radeon 9000 w 64mb DDR

TrueLaunchBar 3.2 (not a clean install, updated from 3.1)

Icons applied via StarDock's IconPackager, all include sizes from 16x16 to 128x128

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-19-2004, 06:26 AM -
1. I don't understand this request. Are you saying you have to double click folders inside TLB to open them now? I've got mine set to open whenever I hover my mouse on them (no click required), but the default behaviour is open on a single click.

2. Agreed. The ability so somehow make multiple selections (with a ctrl+click maybe?) would go a long way in helping with this.

3. I've not seen this problem before. What icon size do you have your menu set for? From the screenshot (though it's hard to tell because of jpeg artifact), it looks like it's set for 31. If that's the case, Windows will try to size up the 24 icons instead of sizing down the 32s. Setting your menu to 32 icons will solve this problem.

4. Agreed, but TLB will have to keep track of all registered hotkeys across all toolbars and inside all menus to keep from having conflicts.
Unbeliever

11-19-2004, 07:30 AM -
1. yes i have to double click folders and single click files to open them. i`d like to be able to set folders to open on single click. Now i have all options disabled in the Mouse options tab. When i single click the folder it just opens a submenu (for the files inside that folder) and clicking it again closes the submenu (even though the submenu pops up automatically anyway).

2. ctrl+click would do just fine

3. the icon size is set to 24x24 (added an extra icon size). i also double checked (in Axialis Icons Workshop) and all icons have all sizes from 16x16 to 128x128 so it`s not a case where an icon size is missing and windows using the closest aviable.

4. I know it`d be tricky but thought it would be a nice idea Smile

thanks for listening guys Smile
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
11-19-2004, 09:57 AM -
1. If you create a shortcut to a folder (as opposed to a menu or virtual folder), TLB will open the folder in Explorer when you single click it, but you will not be able to browse through its contents in a TLB submenu. Does this satisfy your request?

3. Did you resize the screenshot you posted? Because the icons in your screenshot are definately not 24x24.

[Edit] Nevermind, apparently phpBB does some image resizing when it displays the images in the post (BAD phpBB! [-X). Your icons are 24x24, but they do look terrible, like they were resized from the 16s. I'm not sure why this is happening to you. It's never happened to me, nor can I duplicate it now.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
11-19-2004, 11:20 AM -
Quote:1. Option to open folders when browsing through files/folders on a drive with single click (in mouse tab). This would be really handy if added as an option (under Mouse settings). So when we browse through the drive we can open folders the same way we open other files, with a single click.
If you want that to have folders as shortcuts then right-click folder and select "Do not expand" menu item then the folder become like "shortcut" - click to open folder in explorer.
If you want the submenus open only when you click them then set the Custom submenu show delay time into very big value (10000)

Quote:2. I`d like to have an option to set "batch" settings. For example i have a menu for my drives and when i want to set the icon size and appereance, sorting method and other options i have to go and manually do that for every drive. An option to do it "batch" would much simplify the whole process.
The multiselection will be released. For submenus you can use customize menu dialog to setup options of the child menus.

Quote:3. Some icons appear jagged when browsing through files and folders in a drive. I know this could be due to lacking specific size (24x24 for example) but all of my icons have all sizes from 16x16 to 128x128 so i doubt that`s the reason. i`m attaching a screenshot of that bug.
Are your icons inside ICL? Please try this update. Let me know how it work with ICL.

Quote:4. Hotkeys are not working when asigned for an item within a menu. For example i have a menu titled "System" and in it i`ve put a shortcut to a eject.vbs script that opens my CD/DVD drive and asigned a hotkey to it. When that item is in taskbar the hotkey works, but when i put it in "System" menu the hotkey activation doesn`t work but i have to open the "System" menu first and THEN press the hotkey. It would be much faster and easier (and it would reduce the clutter in taskbar) if hotkey would work without the need to open the menu first.
Yes, virtual folders loaded on the first open. So hotkeys begin work after opening menu. In TLB 3.2 you can load some Virtual Folders on startup: right-click Appearance->Load on Startup
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
11-19-2004, 11:44 AM -
shapeshifter Wrote:[Edit] Nevermind, apparently phpBB does some image resizing when it displays the images in the post (BAD phpBB! [-X)

You're right, it completely messes up small images by creating a "thumbnail" that is even larger than the original! I slapped phpBB several times, I think it has learned its lesson... No more thumbnails!
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Unbeliever

11-19-2004, 01:02 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:If you want that to have folders as shortcuts then right-click folder and select "Do not expand" menu item then the folder become like "shortcut" - click to open folder in explorer.
If you want the submenus open only when you click them then set the Custom submenu show delay time into very big value (10000)
yeah but i would like to be able to browse my folders while also being able to run them on single click

Quote:3. Some icons appear jagged when browsing through files and folders in a drive. I know this could be due to lacking specific size (24x24 for example) but all of my icons have all sizes from 16x16 to 128x128 so i doubt that`s the reason. i`m attaching a screenshot of that bug.
Are your icons inside ICL? Please try this update. Let me know how it work with ICL.
i`ll try it now and let you know but the icons i`m using are not in ICL

Quote:4. Hotkeys are not working when asigned for an item within a menu. For example i have a menu titled "System" and in it i`ve put a shortcut to a eject.vbs script that opens my CD/DVD drive and asigned a hotkey to it. When that item is in taskbar the hotkey works, but when i put it in "System" menu the hotkey activation doesn`t work but i have to open the "System" menu first and THEN press the hotkey. It would be much faster and easier (and it would reduce the clutter in taskbar) if hotkey would work without the need to open the menu first.
Yes, virtual folders loaded on the first open. So hotkeys begin work after opening menu. In TLB 3.2 you can load some Virtual Folders on startup: right-click Appearance->Load on Startup
thanks, i`ll try it

EDIT: i included system specs. Thanks Doug

EDIT: why is word *s tupid * censored? :S
Unbeliever

12-24-2004, 03:21 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:If you want that to have folders as shortcuts then right-click folder and select "Do not expand" menu item then the folder become like "shortcut" - click to open folder in explorer.

I`m a bit more comfortable with TLB now than i was at the time i posted this thread and i`ve tried few things but this is not what i want. What i would like to is to be able to select wheather one click on the expanding folder opens that folder in explorer or does it expand a sub-menu. I would like to set it to expand on mouse over and open on single click. This is not a big deal cause i can double click to open it in explorer, and single click to expand, but it would great if this could be added in the future.

Quote:Are your icons inside ICL? Please try this update. Let me know how it work with ICL.

it fixed it, thank you!

Quote:Yes, virtual folders loaded on the first open. So hotkeys begin work after opening menu. In TLB 3.2 you can load some Virtual Folders on startup: right-click Appearance->Load on Startup

Any chance of being able to use hotkeys for items within menus? i tried the "Load on Startup" option but it didn`t work >.<

Thanks for your hard work Yuri Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
12-24-2004, 04:06 PM -
Quote:I`m a bit more comfortable with TLB now than i was at the time i posted this thread and i`ve tried few things but this is not what i want. What i would like to is to be able to select wheather one click on the expanding folder opens that folder in explorer or does it expand a sub-menu. I would like to set it to expand on mouse over and open on single click. This is not a big deal cause i can double click to open it in explorer, and single click to expand, but it would great if this could be added in the future.
OK I'll add this feature. I think this can be useful.

Quote:Any chance of being able to use hotkeys for items within menus? i tried the "Load on Startup" option but it didn`t work
With "Load on Startup" hotkeys must work. Be sure that all menus from the root virtual folder have "Load on Startup" turned on:
Code:
Programs
   Games
     Spider Solitaire (hotkey WIN+X)

Turn on "Load on Startup" for folders Programs and Games. So on startup TLB load content of these two folders an you can use hotkey to load "Spider Solitaire" Wink (this is example).
I hope this helps.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Unbeliever

12-25-2004, 02:01 AM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:OK I'll add this feature. I think this can be useful.

Thank you! Smile

Quote:With "Load on Startup" hotkeys must work. Be sure that all menus from the root virtual folder have "Load on Startup" turned on:
Code:
Programs
   Games
     Spider Solitaire (hotkey WIN+X)

Turn on "Load on Startup" for folders Programs and Games. So on startup TLB load content of these two folders an you can use hotkey to load "Spider Solitaire" Wink (this is example).
I hope this helps.

I dunno why but it worked now :/
i put a Num3 key to start a VBS script to eject the CD drive and it wouldn`t work. Then i set the hotkey to Win+Num3, restarted TLB, set the hotkey again to Num3 and now it`s working!

Thanks for your patience and help Yuri Smile