Switching Toolbars Shortcut ?
Started by Texan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Texan

217 posts 61 threads Joined: Feb 2005
02-06-2005, 06:35 PM -
I'd like to know if there is a way to make a toolbar icon that is an auto switch to shut down the cuurent TLB and open another? Like a Graphics toolbar switch to a Utilities Toolbar??
Texan
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
02-06-2005, 08:54 PM -
Have you studied about Auto sensing toolbars. TLB-settings
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
02-07-2005, 11:13 AM -
Currently this feature is not released. Though version 3.2.2 have the feature that is in alpha testing yet: improved autosensing - you can switch toolbars using hotkeys and setup the time perion for switch toolbar back. If you are interesting I'll can describe how to activate this feature. You need make some changes in the setup.ini

In the next version this feature will be released.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
Texan

02-12-2005, 10:40 AM -
I have implemented a TLB switch using winbatch. Winbatch is a batch file
(external program) that will allow you to program mouse positions and execute right/left clicks..........

I now have 3 TLBs all configured........and merely make a mouse click to switch to either of the "other two" TLBs.......

For thise that might be interested in in winbatch, go to:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.winbatch.com">www.winbatch.com</a><!-- w --> (This is another super program for batch automation
within windows.
Texan
HorusUK

458 posts 40 threads Joined: Dec 2003
02-12-2005, 11:14 AM -
Apart from suggesting Winbatch to us both here and in other topics, have you tried the TLB autosensing to see if it actually does what you want without using a third-party program? :x

The real power of TLB is only discovered by poking around in it's plethora of settings and features. Son't be afraid to have a play around. You can always make backups of your various bars and then experiment...
Back once again...
Texan

02-12-2005, 12:25 PM -
I'm not sure how to implement auto-sensing? It sounds like it would accomplish what I'm trying to do.....but the info to implement it is scarce....

I'll try to use it....

Thanks
Texan
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
02-12-2005, 02:03 PM -
I'm sorry the FAQ does not cover auto sensing tool bars.

I will write a FAQ this week and post it.
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
Texan

02-13-2005, 06:37 AM -
I've attached an image that shows four TLBs........the first three are my STANDARD tool bars that I use to navigate my PC. In TLB1 I set up a workspace and added Excel into the working programs area, and Keytext in the Common Programs area.........

When I started Excel......I got TLB4????????? I'm not sure what TLB4 even is?

Auto Sensing, I believe is a powerful feature of TLB that needs additional clarification on how to configure and use. Is there anyone out there that has this working that can share some process detail?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Texan
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
02-13-2005, 08:08 AM -
What "toolbar folder" have you specified in the Auto-sensing tab? Simply select the location where TLB1 is stored, and it will switch to TLB1...

I can imagine people are confused with all the toolbars, directories and workspaces... Just keep in mind that every toolbar is stored in its own directory (the location of which you have chosen yourself, except for the default one).
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
Texan

02-13-2005, 08:15 AM -
Ah.....what a marvelous clue..........I hadn't been able to "detect" how important selecting the folder was.........

I changed folders, and the behavior changed significantly.......

More toward what I was looking for......and expecting

Thanks for the help........

I believe I am now inching toward being able to use this powerful feature...
Texan