Feature suggestion - Notes/Reminder
Started by HENNESSY

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
HENNESSY

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Jul 2003
07-20-2003, 03:02 PM -
Can somebody create a simple plugin that is just a small text area in the taskbar where u could type something (like a note). And if u rebooted the text would be still there.

This would be really great
Greetz
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
07-20-2003, 03:27 PM -
I'm working on this. TLB must be changed a small to enable to write plugins with text box. First I'll release the cmdline plugin (this plugin will replacement of Start->Run but with some useful features like google search).

Then I'll make the plugin you ask. Any suggestions for plugin name. May be some extra features?
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-20-2003, 03:48 PM -
How about calling it "Scratchpad"? It could keep a history of notes entered, automatically copy the note to clipboard on double click, clear on right click, and of course be skinnable. I think this would be a very useful plugin.
Eric J Johnson

193 posts 25 threads Joined: Jun 2001
07-20-2003, 06:46 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:First I'll release the cmdline plugin (this plugin will replacement of Start->Run
I will like this Wink

Yuri always making ceaseless advancements! Thanks.
Eric J. Johnson|Proud American|GetMeHosted.com|OC-192!
GetMeHosted.com Members Get TrueLaunchBar @ OVER 50% Off!
Support the American Red Cross: Click Here to donate
a1ehouse

54 posts 6 threads Joined: Mar 2003
07-21-2003, 12:17 AM -
You could use http://www.dqsd.net/ (Daves Quick Search Bar) - numerous features on the taskbar, and also includes a history of what's been typed.
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
[Image: A1eSig.jpg]
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
07-21-2003, 04:52 AM -
Yes, but when you type something in and hit return, Dave tries to execute it. If you don't hit enter, it doesn't get moved to history. Hence the need for a scratchpad.

As far as a command line plugin that does what DQSD does, I'm all for it. DQSD does a LOT of stuff that I never use, but I still have to allocate memory to it if I want to use it as a command line / address bar. A TLB plugin would probably be a lot smaller (Yuri is really good at packing a lot of functionality into a small file).

Don't get me wrong, Dave makes a great product, too. I'll probably continue using it until Yuri makes his version. But I'd never pay for the use of DQSD like I did TLB.