Please support Avant Browser
Started by Doug Smith

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
10-13-2003, 11:26 AM -
Just recently I was introduced to Avant browser by Cmishima. It’s one of the best IE browsers around. Website is http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Quote:Avant Browser is a fast, stable, user-friendly, versatile web browser. Avant Browser is a multi-window browser which features with many functions such as Pop-up Stopper and Flash Ads Filter, Built-in Google Searching, Safe Recovery, Integrated Cleaner and Advanced Browsing Options.

The only problem I have found is that I can’t drag and drop websites URLs from Avant to True Launch Bar. I can drag and drop from Avant to windows quick launch so it’s not a windows problem.

I like to request that True Launch Bar allows drag and drop from Avant browser. Thanks in advance Smile
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
10-13-2003, 01:25 PM -
Yes I'll add support for Avant browser in the next version.
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
10-13-2003, 02:27 PM -
Yuri,
Please do the same for MyIE2. MyIE2 website Wink

Doug and Cmishima,
If you like the Avant browser, then give MyIE2 a try. I have tried Avant, Slimbrowser, Greenbrowser, and many others, including those using the mozilla rendering engine. Of the ones I have used, MyIE2 is definitely the best by far, in my opinion. Configuration options, number of plugins available, and stability is why I like MyIE2 the most.
Big Grin
Doug Smith

10-13-2003, 02:28 PM -
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Yes I'll add support for Avant browser in the next version.
Thank you very much. Looking forward to new version. Big Grin
Doug Smith

10-13-2003, 02:32 PM -
Quote:Doug and Cmishima,
If you like the Avant browser, then give MyIE2 a try. I have tried Avant, Slimbrowser, Greenbrowser, and many others, including those using the mozilla rendering engine. Of the ones I have used, MyIE2 is definitely the best by far, in my opinion. Configuration options, number of plugins available, and stability is why I like MyIE2 the most.
I tried it a few months back. At that time it did not support any kind of Drag and drop from the address bar. Plus Roboforms was not very well supported. I've been very happy with Avant but maybe MyIE2 has been improved. I'll give it a try this week and compare the two.