Top three reasons to use True Launch Bar
Started by cmishima

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
02-21-2004, 11:09 AM -
To help me develop a True Launch Bar FAQ item that highlights the best reasons for using True Launch Bar please tell me your personal top three reasons for using TLB.

Please tell us and perhaps we can all learn about what other users consider valuable about True Launch Bar.

Thank you.
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-21-2004, 11:41 AM -
cmishima,

This is what I basically wrote at DOWNLOAD.COM

1) True Launch Bar improves the Windows desktop and makes it extremely functional. You can change the entire appearance of your Taskbar and make it more usable than you can with Windows Quick Launch. Smile

2) You can do away with the Start Menu and design your own and still use the Win Key. Smile

3) The plugins available are awesome. The Weather Monitor plugin can be configured not just for the weather but also other types of info like stock reports, news headlines, etc. Smile
Q Section
Weapons Я Us

899 posts 100 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-21-2004, 09:44 PM -
We would have said the same thing. It is very customisable, the Weather Monitor/Universal Data Fetcher is an excellent plug-in and we can do a lot more with the TLB than we can with other programmes!
HMSS Q Section
click here for 30+ ideas from a Special Plugin List
some examples=
UV Index Monitor, Allergy Monitor, TLB Version Monitor, Cinema Monitor
Visualise World Righteousness
Semper Ad Fundum
Working for the Secret Intelligence Service
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
02-22-2004, 06:32 AM -
1) Easy to use
2) Easy to customize
3) Access to the developer
PsychoMark

122 posts 9 threads Joined: Jan 2003
02-23-2004, 01:02 AM -
Main reasons why I use TLB:

1. Organisation. Menus, submenus, the Title seperators which I absolutely love...
2. Convenience. Simple things like global hotkeys for example, makes my days of development so much easier...
3. Customization. I'm kind of a bitch when it comes to look 'n feel vs. functionality, some programmers nowadays care more about skins than standards and features, but TLB found an excellent balance... in fact, there is no balance, it just has it all Big Grin

Reason 3 mentioned by shapeshifter (access to Yuri and his excellent support) is not why I initially used it, as I didn't know about it. However, combined with the above reasons it is why I bought TLB and think it deserves every cent...
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
02-23-2004, 09:28 AM -
1. Concept - always had too many icons on quick launch taskbar and hate start menu; with TLB, have even more and keep it very organized

2. Customization - make taskbar look and feel any way you want (includes plugins)

3. Actively developed and great support
Atomhrt

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2004
02-23-2004, 03:34 PM -
I use it so that I could get rid of desktop "shortcuts" and place them into organized menus. Plus it's auto-hiding.