13 posts in this topic
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

6,208 posts 429 threads Joined: Jan 2002
03-16-2003, 02:15 PM -
Mail Monitor v.1.8 beta has been released

Changes in this version:
* Support for DNSBL services to filter spam
* Added regular expressions in search function (using * and ? symbols)
* Sort messages in the message list window
* Save message as..
* Save last values in add condition
* Resort accounts
* Filtered views
* No sound between X and Y hours
* MD5 APOP Authentication support for POP3
* Import/Export conditions
* Double clicking on a message to load it
* Disable automatic checking
* Color highlight of messages (text/background colors)
* Change icons in mail list window for accounts
* Automatic re-applying of filtering rules
* An option to change the date/time format used for the Date column
* fix: Very long header field can be truncated
* fix: Message list and preview window flickers

ATTENTION: It is strongly recommended to backup your currently used plugin file before updating Mail Monitor!
If you decide to return old version of the Mail Monitor you need restore plugin file (button). To backup plugin file just drag your Mail Monitor button into any folder.

Download: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/bin/tlbmailmon.exe
More information: http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/mailmon.html

Note: this is the beta version and not is fully tested. If you find any error write support@tsoftcentral.com
The TORDEX Team
http://www.tordex.com
cmishima

347 posts 138 threads Joined: Jun 2001
03-16-2003, 03:34 PM -
I have begun testing new Mail Monitor. It looks very powerful.
My feedback so far.

1. Please support ‘Suspend this filter’

[Image: rules1.jpg]

2. Please allow mouse drag and drop repositioning of the action buttons

[Image: mmon1.jpg]

3. I think a more complete message window should be like this

[Image: mm18a.jpg]

Thank you.
Please read the True Launch Bar FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.info">http://www.truelaunchbar.info</a><!-- m -->
Denis

192 posts 19 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-18-2003, 04:33 AM -
That's great news!! Big Grin
Gonna download it and start testing/using it. Wink
Thank you again, Yuri. Smile
Dracula

407 posts 28 threads Joined: Dec 2002
03-18-2003, 07:54 AM -
Hmm, I should post this in plugin bugs forum, but I just wanted to add how much I like this new plugin... in fact I like it every time when a new plugin or update comes out! Smile

And just one question... I'm currently using the eMail Notify plugin. Am I right in saying that this plugin is much smaller in memory use, and maybe even in CPU usage?

In the mail account preferences screen (Plugin Properties -> Mail accounts -> New/Edit account), there is a nice button next to the edit box "Sound notify" which should allow you to pick a sound file... but it doesn't do anything...
Windows 7, IE 9.0, Shell 6.0.6000.16386, TLB 4.2.3 beta
bbfi

132 posts 4 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-18-2003, 12:14 PM -
Yuri,

Great update! Big Grin Thanks for implementing some of my suggestions.

I have noticed that after creating a filter condition, whether in the properties from the taskbar icon or from the Mail Monitor reader, it can take up to 2 minutes before you can use the Mail Monitor or any icon in the taskbar. ??? This didn't happen with the previous version. Is this a bug or just something we have to live with because of the great new features?

03-19-2003, 08:43 PM -
Great plugin, but it cant get past my firewall to check mail. Anyone know how to fix this?
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
03-20-2003, 08:17 AM -
Quote:Great plugin, but it cant get past my firewall to check mail. Anyone know how to fix this?
Well, we'll need a little more information than that. What kind of firewall are you using? If it's a software firewall, most have options to allow or block incomming and outgoing internet traffic for specific applications. The Mail Monitor plugin is considered part of explorer.exe by the operating system, so try allowing traffic for that program in your firewall setup. For either software of hardware firewalls, check to make sure that traffic on port 110 (the port POP3 uses) isn't blocked. Those are the only possible problems that I can think of off the top of my head, but if these solutions don't work, maybe a few more details will jog my memory.
Zero-Point

93 posts 13 threads Joined: Feb 2003
03-20-2003, 12:32 PM -
Installed Mail Monitor v1.8 over previous version (1.6?) and after a few hours (i think, cause I wasn't around when originally occured), Windows Crashed dialog appears saying Windows Explorer has crashed and needs to close. I say "ok, don't send" and 5 seconds later after Explorer has re-loaded, the crash happens again. This continues infinetly.

I ask to show more information about the crash--evidentally, it's Mail Monitor. I delete my Mail Monitor and everything works fine.

Hrmm, well I wanted to post screenshot, but don't see the option.

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Shell Version: ?
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 2.2.0.1 BETA
Memory: 1024 MB
Doug Smith

218 posts 21 threads Joined: Jul 2001
03-20-2003, 01:55 PM -
Find out what's in your mailbox. Logon using some other mail checker and save the email. Send it to Yuri . If you then delete that particular email True Launch Bar Mail Monitor will work fine.

There are some rare emails that crash Mail Monitor and Yuri is slowly finding them and fixing them.

Also tell us what kind of mail it was.
Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-20-2003, 02:39 PM -
One note: I need only header of message. To delete private information from message body save message as *.eml or *.msg open it using notepad and delete all text from first empty line (this will be the body of message).

Please send files to support@tsoftcentral.com. I'll release update as soon as possible.

Thanks.
The TORDEX Team

03-20-2003, 05:17 PM -
shapeshifter Wrote:
Quote:Great plugin, but it cant get past my firewall to check mail. Anyone know how to fix this?
Well, we'll need a little more information than that. What kind of firewall are you using? If it's a software firewall, most have options to allow or block incomming and outgoing internet traffic for specific applications. The Mail Monitor plugin is considered part of explorer.exe by the operating system, so try allowing traffic for that program in your firewall setup. For either software of hardware firewalls, check to make sure that traffic on port 110 (the port POP3 uses) isn't blocked. Those are the only possible problems that I can think of off the top of my head, but if these solutions don't work, maybe a few more details will jog my memory.
Thank you, that solved the problem. I added explorer.exe to my programs list and it worked. Thx again=)
Zero-Point

03-21-2003, 11:08 AM -
I saved a mail which was crashing Mail Monitor and sent off to support. I have noticed, that when I delete the email(s) in my inbox when Mail Monitor crashes, it no longer crashes.

Unfortunately, this seems to happen multiple times a day--no matter what email it is (mostly spam). This had never happened to me previous to v1.8.0.0.

Thanks a lot.

Yuri Kobets
Posting Freak

03-21-2003, 04:40 PM -
I guess I found the problem. Bug not in messages. There are some errors if POP3 server does not support messages IDs (I found this on YahooPOPs) Sad

OK update will comes soon Wink
The TORDEX Team
Zero-Point

03-21-2003, 05:12 PM -
Glad to hear Yuri! Thanks. Well, the solution that is.