Started by deegee

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
deegee

8 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2003
10-19-2003, 06:52 AM -
Hi everyone,

I would love to see a feature such as in http://www.partridgesoft.com/quickrun/ . They added a icon where you can put all systray icons in. Exactly that is missing in TLB to be completed. If you could add a feature just like that I could only have the TLB left and everything else is hidden - minimalism!

Hope to see that feature available soon

greetings
dg
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-19-2003, 07:08 AM -
This has been suggested before, and I believe it is in the works.
deegee

10-19-2003, 08:05 AM -
Great mate!
CouldN't find anything with the search function, so don't blame me for that one.

I hope its gonna be added quickly, as everyone wants to get his feature added quickly harhar

cya
dg
M3wThr33

29 posts 4 threads Joined: Nov 2002
10-19-2003, 02:37 PM -
Wow
If TLB did that, I wouldn't need my start button OR my systray.

Amazing.
shapeshifter

658 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2002
10-19-2003, 03:10 PM -
The idea is to replace the standard windows explorer shell entirely Big Grin

... eventually
deegee

10-21-2003, 02:37 AM -
Well I hope you guys are sticking to just the Taskbar, cuz there are enough other programs replacing the whole desktop+taskbar shell.

I am happy with the way windows works and the way TLB works, as a special bar in the taskbar.

It would be nice to just replace the tasbar with the TLB, true that!
IceCaveman

213 posts 52 threads Joined: Jan 2003
10-21-2003, 09:38 AM -
this quick run program handles the systray in a horrible way, If you need program like this then go with systrayX because quick run does not display full name of the hidden icons, it does not automatically hide icons by default if you chose like it can in systray x, sometimes if you try minimize to tray with programs and use quick run, then you just can't sen them to tray untill you close quick run.
deegee

10-23-2003, 01:37 AM -
IceCaveman: Thanks for your reply, but I didn't even consider using quickrun. I just installed it and thought the idea would be nice, if I had the oppertunity in TLB. Quickrun sucks, yeah Wink
quietbritishjim

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Nov 2003
12-01-2003, 03:49 PM -
*bump*

Just another thumbs up for this one Wink
Bender

38 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2001
01-09-2005, 02:51 AM -
Juri can you say if you are still planing on some like "minimize to menu" or "minimize to tray" plug-in?

Other thread:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=221">http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=221</a><!-- m -->
regards,
Bender

01-09-2005, 11:35 AM -
shapeshifter Wrote:This has been suggested before, and I believe it is in the works.

I'm glad to hear TrueSoft is dissatisfied with Microsoft's taskbar properties. Here are some taskbar improvement ideas from an engineer who has a _lot_ of application-specific windows to keep track of and access rapidly. These could all be implemented as user-specified options to Microsoft's default, which is just a left-justified display of application window titlebars. A noteworthy alternative is to absorb taskbar display functions into a True Launch Bar toolbar/menuing structure.

The motivation for these ideas as a whole is to put enough of the "right" information on the taskbar for each application window to allow me to instantly recognize it as my eye scans the taskbar buttons.

- Automatic taskbar grow/shrink. -- When the taskbar exceeds or falls below a limit on the number of window titlebars displayed per row, it should grow or shrink automatically.

- String stripping. -- Remove irrelevant parts of window titlebars before display in taskbar.

- String windowing. -- Control which part of window titlebar string is displayed.

- Font control. -- Use different fonts as required by different taskbar buttons.

- Button size control. -- Different applications need different character string space for their taskbar buttons.

- Icon control. -- Change application-window-specific button icons at will.

- Color control. -- Change application-window-specific button colors at will.

- Application window grouping. -- Display windows from the same application together, according to the user's display rules, whenever the same application shows multiple windows.

- Priority button display. -- Specify specific application window title is always leftmost, topmost, first/second/third, etc. taskbar button.

- A True Launch Bar for open windows. -- Absorb taskbar's window title display responsibilities into a TLB toolbar/menuing structure.

I like the last idea the best, but I'm sure there are others.